Sling Hire Terms & Conditions
Safe Use of Slings
- Your child’s safety is your responsibility. Sale Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the sling is in your care.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given, you then practice using the sling with a doll or teddy so that you get used to the fastening and adjusting methods.
- If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the sling.
- If you are unsure about anything or are at all concerned, please contact us.
Condition of the Sling
- All slings are checked before lending and on return to ensure that they are in good condition and working order.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the sling before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the sling immediately and contact us.
- If a sling is received by post, any breaks or flaws that prevent its use should immediately be reported to the Library on receipt of the sling. In such cases, the hire fee will be refunded in full on return of the sling however postal fees cannot be refunded.
Care of Slings
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the sling.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or animal hairs on our slings, but we ask that all slings are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility.
- Please contact us in advance if you require a freshly laundered sling due to allergies.
- Please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.).
- The cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear may be removed from your deposit.
Washing our slings
- Please do not wash the sling.
- Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children. Spot cleaning marks with water when they occur is usually adequate.
- If you feel it is necessary that the sling is washed while on hire to you, please contact us first for advice.
Hiring From Us
- Hire fees are £5 per week per sling.
- A fully refundable £40 deposit is required for each sling hired*.
- Card details will be taken for all new hires and charged only in the event of non-return of the sling (see below). If you do not have a payment card, the full replacement value of the sling will be required as a deposit.
- The deposit will be returned in full following the timely return of the sling, undamaged and with accessories supplied.
- Included in the hire fee is on-going support via email or Facebook message and access to the weekly drop-in library sessions.
*Members – half price hires and no deposit payable.
- Loan costs are payable by cash or card payment.
- Deposits may be given as cash or card (or bank transfer if made in advance) and are usually refunded by the method given.
- The repair of any damaged slings or replacement of lost accessories will be paid for out of your deposit.
- Charges for lost components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs).
- Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
- At our discretion, deposits may be reduced or waived for those with special or exceptional circumstances.
- Returns can be made during Library open hours.
- If this is not possible, the sling may be returned by post by prior arrangement to arrive on or before the return due date. Please contact us in advance to arrange this and request the delivery address.
- Slings returned by post should be well packaged and sent via a signed for method of postage.
Renewals and Late / Non-Returns
- If you wish to extend your hire or are unable to return your sling on the return date*, it is usually possible to renew your hire using our online renewals form on our website (unless the sling has been reserved).
- If the sling is not returned, no renewal payment is received and no contact made with us within 7 days of the return date, then late fees of £1 per day will be applicable.
- Slings will be considered lost 30 days after the return date, if no contact has been made with us and we will charge the stored card details for the full replacement value of the sling (RRP).
- Should it not be possible to charge the card, we will attempt to recover late fees, cost of replacement of the sling and legal costs through the Small Claims Court.
*If you are unable to return your sling on the agreed date due to short notice Library session cancellation, we will extend your loan period for free until the next session.
- Sling reservations can be made, subject to availability.
- This can be done online and one week’s hire fee must be paid in advance.
- If you cancel a reservation, your loan fee will not be refunded, but can be used as credit towards any future sling loan.
- At our discretion, you may be able to hire a sling by post.
- For postal loans, the hire fee and deposit are the same as when hiring in person. An extra charge of £7 will be made to cover postage and packaging.
- Fees and deposits may be paid by gifted PayPal or bank transfer.
All slings, instructions and accessories remain the property of Sale Sling Library at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and at our discretion.
For the duration of your hire, if you have any questions you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our contact form on our website silverdogstudios.co.uk/hbw/contact or via our facebook page at www.facebook.com/saleslinglibrary. We will get back to you as soon as we can.