Terms and Conditions
Safe Use of Slings:
- Your child’s safety is your responsibility. Chester Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the sling is in your care.
- We suggest that you practice using the sling with a doll or pillow so that you can get used to the adjusting methods.
- If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the sling.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the sling and accessories before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the sling and contact us immediately.
- Included in the rental cost is on-going support via telephone and email and access to the drop-in sessions each week in the library.
Care of Slings
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the sling, or use or store the sling in a smoky environment.
- Do not wash the sling. We clean all slings regularly and know how to deal with the usual marks. If you feel it is necessary to wash the sling, please contact us for advice.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the slings we lend.
- We cannot guarantee there are no animal hairs on the slings. Please keep the slings away from any animals to limit this possibility.
- Please inform us if you have an allergy and we can clean the sling before you borrow it.
- Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain permanently (oil, paint, pens, hair or make-up products etc) or anything that might damage the sling (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire etc). You will be charged for the cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear.
Ownership of Slings
- All slings, instructions and accessories remain the property of Chester Sling Library at all times and all loans and reservations are subject to availability and are at our discretion.
- We do not ordinarily take a cash deposit for slings, however we do require card details from a valid debit or credit card.
- Card details are stored securely in Stripe.
- If we do not hear from you within 14 days from the end of your loan, we will consider the sling lost and charge the card the full retail value of the sling.
- The replacement of any lost accessories will also require payment. Failure to provide this payment will again result in the card being charged. Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
Returning a Sling
- Ordinarily, returns are to be made to the library at drop-in sessions.
- For Postal Hires, returns should be made within two days of the end of your hire period. You are responsible for the cost of return postage. The sling is your responsibility until received by us, so you may wish to post by Special Delivery or another service which includes insurance for the full value of the sling (please check with us if you are unsure).
- If agreed by us, it may be possible to drop the sling off in person at one of our houses. It must be dropped off at an agreed date and time, before the date it was due back.
- If you decide to return a sling early, there is no entitlement to a refund for the unused hire period. However you are able to swap for another sling if you have at least a full week of the hire period remaining.
- You must contact us before the end of the loan period if you think that you will not be able to return the sling on time.
- For any days overdue that had not been agreed by us in advance, you will be charged a £1 per day late fees. These fees will be charged to your card.